Annex C. Charging and Recharging (Top Up)
Payment Terms. If you purchase a Service that requires charging, then these payment terms apply to your usage and purchase and you agree to them.
Please note that conNEXT is not a replacement for your mobile or fixed line telephone and does not allow you to make emergency calls to emergency services such as police, fire brigade, or emergency medical services. To ensure that you can make such calls you must make alternative communication arrangements.
- Introduction. Most services in the conNEXT application are free to use on unlimited way (VoIP to VoIP calls and video calls, messages, group calls and messages, secure photo capturing and shearing and more). However the use of some services are not free. Services like calling to normal land lines, calling to mobile numbers that do not have installed our applications and some others require charging.For each specific service requiring charging please refer to the specific service terms and conditions of usage.
- Charges. If there is some charging associated with a Service or portion of a Service, you agree to pay that charge. The price stated for the Services excludes all applicable taxes and currency exchange settlements, unless stated otherwise. The prices for Connexcom paid products include a charge for the product and a charge for taxes. Taxes are calculated based on your location at the time of purchase of such product. Connexcom may suspend or cancel the Services if we do not receive an on time, full payment from you. Suspension or cancellation of the Services for non-payment could result in a loss of access to and use of your account and its content. Please note that connecting to the Internet via a corporate or other private network that masks your location may cause charges to be different from those displayed for your actual location.
- eBilling Account. The system uses an electronic Account to store the credits you have available. The ebilling account is only stored in your mobile device. Connexcom does not store any of your financial data in any server but only in your mobile. Users can check in the settings section of the application for the available credits to them. When users wish to add credits in their account connexcom provides a mechanism to purchase credits using normal payment methods.
- Payments (top-up) to your account. To pay the charges for a service, you can top-up your credit fast and securely. We offer two possible ways to top-up:
- You can top up using our online top-up service available as a section in the Connexcom web site (www. connexcom.net). In order to do so simply go to the top-up page and follow the instructions. You will be asked to enter the phone number used to activate your phone and you will be required to enter your credit card information. The data will be handled in a secure way with the sole purpose to complete your purchase. The credit card information will be passed to the financial institution handling the credit card charging function and will be used only for this purpose. No data will be stored in our database or any other part of our system. Every time you use the provided option you need to enter the credit card data again.
- You can use the in-app purchase offered in the app stores (currently provided in Apple and Google app stores). The available top-up mechanism is provided in the settings of the installed application. Go to your application in the Settings and select balance.
Your balance will be displayed. There you will be offered to add a list of credit volumes to your balance. By selecting one of the offered options, the conNEXT application will use your already provided mechanism in your respective store (the currently supported are the Apple store and Google store accounts) to top-up your credit in the application. Apple or Google using the payment method you have already specified to them will charge you. In such case Connexcom will not charge you directly.
- Billing. By providing Connexcom with a payment method, you (i) represent that you are authorized to use the payment method you provided and that any payment information you provide is true and accurate; (ii) authorize Connexcom to charge you for the Services or available content using your payment method; and (iii) authorize Connexcom to charge you for any paid feature of the services you choose to sign up for or use while these Terms are in force. We may bill you (a) in advance; (b) at the time of purchase; (c) shortly after purchase; or (d) on a recurring basis for subscription services. Also, we may charge you up to the amount you have approved, and we will notify you in advance of any change in the amount to be charged for recurring subscription Services. We may bill you at the same time for more than one of your prior billing periods for amounts that haven’t previously been processed.
- Usage of provided personal data. App users agree to permit Connexcom to use any updated account information regarding your selected payment method provided by your issuing bank or the applicable payment network. You agree to promptly update your account with payment method details, so we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed in connection with your transactions. Changes made to your billing account will not affect charges we submit to your billing account before we could reasonably act on your changes to your billing account.
- Recurring Payments.When you purchase a services on a subscription basis (e.g., monthly or annually), you agree that you are authorizing recurring payments, and payments will be made to Connexcom by the method and at the recurring intervals you have agreed to, until the subscription for that service is terminated by you or by Connexcom. By authorizing recurring payments, you are authorizing Connexcom to store your payment instrument and process such payments as either electronic debits or fund transfers, or as electronic drafts from your designated account (for Automated Clearing House or similar payments), or as charges to your designated account (for credit card or similar payments) (collectively, “Electronic Payments”). Subscription fees are generally charged in advance of the applicable subscription period. If any payment is returned unpaid or if any credit card or similar transaction is rejected or denied, Connexcom or its service providers reserve the right to collect any applicable return item, rejection or insufficient funds fee and process any such payment as an Electronic Payment.
- Automatic Renewal.For some services it is possible to select the automatic renewal of a chargeable service. Users may choose for services to automatically renew at the end of a fixed service period. We will remind you by message in your application (or other reasonable manner), before any services renew for a new term, and notify you of any price changes if applicable. Once we have reminded you that you selected to automatically renew the Services, we may automatically renew your services at the end of the current service period and charge you the then current price for the renewal term, unless you have chosen to cancel the service(s). We will also remind you that we will bill your chosen payment method for the services renewal, whether it was on file on the renewal date or provided later. We will also provide you with instructions on how you may cancel the chargeable service(s). You must cancel the services before the renewal date to avoid billing for the renewal of such a Service(s).
- Transaction Information. When you top up your account you can receive a proof of payment from the respective store (Apple store or Google store) you have used in order to complete your purchase. In case you have selected the option to top-up your account using your credit card, then the credit card owner will also receive the specific charging information from the Financial institution that has issued your card. Connexcom will send you a message (or email) with the transaction number and details.
- All transactions are based in Swiss Franks CHF. For information purposes we have added price information in various other currencies as a reference point. Still, all payments and charges will be done in Swiss Franks CHF. Note that the each one credit purchased by you costs one Swiss Frank CHF.
- Canceling the services.Users can cancel services at any time. To cancel a service you can go to the settings part of the application, select the chargeable service and follow the instructions provided. Users should refer back to the offer describing the service as (i) you may be obligated to pay cancellation charges; (ii) you may be obligated to pay all charges made to your billing account for the Services before the date of cancellation; and (iii) you may lose access to and use of your account when you cancel the Services. If you cancel, your access to the services ends at the end of your current service period or, if we bill your account on a periodic basis, at the end of the period in which you canceled. If you decide to delete the conNEXT application we recommend that you use all your credit before you remove the app. In the event that you decide to remove the app any remaining balance will be lost.
- Trial-Period Offers.Users that take part in any trial-period offer, must cancel the trial service(s) by the end of the trial period to avoid charges, unless we notify you otherwise. If you do not cancel the trial service(s) by the end of the trial period, we may charge you for the Service(s).
- Promotional Offers.Connexcom may offer Services for a trial period during which we will not charge you for the Services. In addition Connexcom might offer some credit value (once or more times) to your eAccount. Connexcom reserves the right to charge you for such services (at the normal rate) if we determine that you are breaching the terms and conditions of such an offer.
- Price Changes.Connexcom may change the price of the offered Services at any time and if you have a recurring purchase, we will notify you by a message in your installed application (or other reasonable manner), at least 15 days before the price change. App users that do not agree to the price change must cancel and stop using the Services before the price change takes effect. If there is an agreed fixed term and agreed price for your Service offer, that price will remain in force for the agreed fixed term.
- Refund Policy.Unless otherwise provided by law or by a particular service offer, all purchases are final and non-refundable. If you believe that Connexcom has charged you in error, you must contact us in writing within 90 days of such charge. No refunds will be given for any charges more than 90 days old. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future. This refund policy does not affect any statutory or other rights that may apply.
- Problems with our services. We’ll provide our services with reasonable skill and care. However, our services are not fault-free and are not available everywhere in the world. There are a number of reasons why you may find problems with the services, including moving to/from home or work, weather conditions, damage to our network, the number of people using the network and so on. Please contact us (You can report problems or issues via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you experience a service issue and we’ll attempt to fix it. If we have to interrupt our services for maintenance or we cause a technical fault on our network, we will try to notify you via messaging in our application (you will see a message from user conNEXT). If you are experiencing a materially degraded service for an unreasonable period of time, please send us a message specifying the location you are in the version of the application (can be found in the settings menu of the service). We’ll not be responsible for any loss of service due to something outside our reasonable control. During busy periods on our network and servers we may need to manage traffic to ensure everyone has access to our services.
- Contacting Us. You can send us notices or complaints by post in the official company address, or via email on: